Friday, September 26, 2014

Straight Talk (1992)

Straight TalkIf you've seen Straight Talk, you're no doubt a fan. This light-hearted movie is such a pick-me-up! I just love finding a movie I can watch several times and still laugh out loud!! I just love the scene where she loses her $20 bill on the bridge and James Woods comes to the "rescue"! The soundtrack is even good with songs written and performed by Dolly.

The DVD falls short though. No extras, no inner liner notes and it's ONLY available in full screen YUCK!! Hollywood Pictures Home Entertainment should be ashamed of themselves for putting out such a poor product. Maybe this film wasn't a total blockbuster, but it sure deserved a better presentation than what it got.

Movie *****

DVD **

Overall ****

Yes, It's true. I am a diehard Dolly Parton fan, but if I wasn't I would still love this movie. Dolly's natural charm and humor comes to play in this rags-to-riches type of story. This is a must see!! Dolly is hilarious. This movie is a five star plus. You definitely won't regret seeing this. I don't care what the critics say. By far my favorite movie ever!

Buy Straight Talk (1992) Now

I loved this movie! Shirlee Kenyon was a down on her luck country girl, when a mistake turns her into a big time radio doctor. I thought that her boss was kind of an a hole... He goes by the impression that people who have been married 3 times are losers, or those that have something real to say, He would write them off as losers..

This film shows off Dolly's spicy side of things! She had quite a few one lines... "I am like a one legged man in a butt kickin' contest!' Plus you get to see an early appearance of Terri Hatcher! (Lois & Clark The New Adventures of Superman)

I would like to have seen the trailer. as well as the music videos and even a commentary would have been nice... Aside from that, I still love the film....

Read Best Reviews of Straight Talk (1992) Here

Some stores are already selling these locally. I picked one up yesterday, and the transfer is wonderful. Even though it is not posted on Amazon as of this writing, rest assured it is in 1.78:1 16x9 widescreen enhanced ratio. But, there are no extra's at all.

Want Straight Talk (1992) Discount?

Dolly Parton is utterly delightful in this corny, syrupy but immensebly enjoyable comedy. Her unlikely romance with James Woods is actually quite interesting as it is easy to see how Dolly's charm could permiate even the most jaded people. Sure it's not very original and it is very lightweight but it's got an old fashioned Frank Capra kind of sweetness to it.

Save 52% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment