Monday, August 4, 2014

Cars Director's Edition (Cars / Cars 2 / Mater's Tall Tales) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) (2

Cars Director's Edition I picked up this set yesterday. I felt I paid a decent price for it when I compared it to buying the movies separately. I haven't actually watched any of the discs yet but I'm sure they'll be fine. I liked the first Cars and love Michael Caine so I'm looking forward to the sequel. Mater's Tall Tales should be cute as well, it was really just a bonus anyway, it was the other two that I wanted. What I was not happy with was the packaging. It looked nice enough in the store but upon getting home with it and opening it, its a super cheap way to package this 11 disc set. I assumed the cardboard would house some sort of container inside that would hold the discs. Nope. Once you open the box, there's a flimsy piece of packaging plastic that sits on top, it is in no way anchored or attached, of a piece of foam that has slits in it to hold the discs so that they don't rub against each other. That's it. No blu-ray cases or anything else. Wow, Disney, you would think with an $100 list price (I got it for $75, Best Buy had it for $80 plus I had a $5 off coupon) they could come up with something a little sturdier. Plus if you have kids and they want the car that's included, your going to have to tear open what packaging you do have to get it out and then how will your discs be kept? Really pretty disappointed here. I would have taken it back and bought the individual discs if not for the digital copies, I wanted them and you only get them for all three in this set. Bad form, Disney. Bad Form!

We're Disney fans, and already had Cars (1), but not the other two, so we opted for this set. It's a bit of overkill, but we have extras for all the different devices. Plus a couple of "oops, the kids scratched the heck out of this disc somehow" copies.

The kids enjoyed the movies. Since they're the intended audience, I'm not going to review the scripts/movies. I'm going to specifically talk about the packaging.

I'm all about reducing my plastic consumption. But I do NOT like the storage box these are in. I wish they had sleeves or something. The foam block inside the box holds all the discs (the silver box with the checkerboard "top" to it. The checkerboard thing is actuall a flap of fabric). Anyway, this foam cheapens it. And this was not a cheap set. The foam has slits cut in in to store the disc. I suppose they're supposed to be kept pristinely apart from each other, but when I opened the box, they were all rubbing against each other. Also, the notches are all deformed, so it's not as if I can somehow "fix" it. I can get every disc but one in the box without touching its neighboring discs.

Buy Cars Director's Edition (Cars / Cars 2 / Mater's Tall Tales) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) (2 Now

I really enjoy the Cars movies and loved the idea of having them on blu-ray, DVD and a digital copy. You get a lot for your money in the end but if I were to do it over I would have bought them separately just to have them in better cases. Once you get into the box you find out that they are stored in a little box with soft foam that is shaped to slide the discs in and out of. It is not very user friendly, especially if you have little ones. The so called lid doesn't stay secure or really even fit for that matter. It is bulky and really a pain to try and fit it in with the other movies on the shelf. I say buy them separately and avoid the hassle of having to buy cases later.

Read Best Reviews of Cars Director's Edition (Cars / Cars 2 / Mater's Tall Tales) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) (2 Here

Bought this as a gift for my grandson, and he loves having the whole set. The little car is fun for him to play with, and is packaged so that I can put it back in place when he's finished, thus saving the 'collector' aspect.

Want Cars Director's Edition (Cars / Cars 2 / Mater's Tall Tales) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) (2 Discount?

My son got this as a gift for his birthday and he loves that it's every Cars movie especially the Cars Toons! However, just as stated with most other reviews, the packaging is really lousy. I can't even put the dvd's in correctly in that little soft foam holder.

Save 47% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment