Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010)

It's Kind of a Funny StoryThe movie should be called "It's Kind of an Amazing Movie". When you go see a Zach Galifianakis movie, you don't expect anything more than a stupid comedy (that has potential to be good), but "It's Kind of a Funny Story" was way better than the exceptions I had. The movie was funny, intense, and some-what depressing/sad. The movie makes you think about life. The movie makes you think about how lucky you are or realize the good things in life. This movie is a must see. It is truly amazing and probably one of the best movies of 2010 so far.

It's Kind of a Funny Story is an uplifting tale about a teenager overwhelmed by academic and social pressures who briefly checks himself into a psychiatric hospital. The lead actor, Keir Gilchrist (Craig), nails his role as a somber and confused 16-year-old. The supporting cast is good as well, although the female love interest is a bit cardboard and the resolution clichéd. The psychiatric hospital is also much more benign than any I have encountered (See Lemas Mitchell's Amazon review for a list of reality checks). But that's not really the point; it's more of a coming-of-age story about an adolescent trying to find his place in the world. What I liked most is the film's message about the importance of kindness; Craig is truly a kind person who feels for other people, and the other patients and staff for the most part echo that kindness and caring. Another highlight is Zach Galifianakis's creative and quirky direction, especially the scenes when Craig retreats into his active fantasy world as he sings, draws, and reminisces. Overall, I would recommend this movie for a pleasant and humorous escapist jaunt.

Buy It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010) Now

I saw It's Kind of a Funny Story in theatres for a friend's birthday party. She gave us the options for movies and I had no idea what any of the suggested were about. I had no expectations (actually I didn't want to see the movie at all... I voted for one of the other movies) but after the movie was over I wanted to watch it again!

One of the great things about this movie is the characters. They're screwed up, and likeable, and an interesting band of personalities all shoved into one spot. The different insights they make on living life are, yes a little cliched, but stuff wouldn't be cliched if they weren't applicable! It's fun watching the main character turn into what he wanted and take charge of his life. It was funny, awkward, romantic, made some really good points, sad, and it gives a warm fuzzy feeling!

After I saw that movie I went straight to the bookstore! I needed more! I read the book in a matter of days. This is the first time I've ever said (typed) anything like this: I liked the movie better than the book! Don't get me wrong; the book was awesome and funny, but I loved the movie so much!

All in all a fun watch! Great characters, good points, witty dialogue, and just enough romance! Highly recommended!

Read Best Reviews of It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010) Here

You would think a movie about a kid who checks himself into a psych ward would NOT be "kind of a funny story". This is an amazing story it will make you laugh, chuckle, and think. Every actor/actress gives a great performance. As the mother of a 17 and 18 year old it made me understand the amount of pressure they are under in their every day lives and how we sometimes, unknowingly, add to that pressure.

Want It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010) Discount?

Personally at a low point in my life, this film was perfect to help me with my giddy up. The point is to be grateful for life and live it. A very meaningful story.

Save 33% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment