Thursday, October 9, 2014

Frantic & Presumed Innocent (2010)

Frantic & Presumed InnocentUnfortunately Amazon has just combined the reviews for the old and new Blu-Rays of FRANTIC, confusing things even more.

The one for sale here as "Frantic & Presumed Innocent", with a released date of May 31, 2011, released a year after the original, is a corrected version. The first disc accidentally replaced the English audio track with the French audio track. For more details on the differences, see my review on the page for the original disc.

After I was unsuccessful in getting Warner Home Video to fix the mistake, I contacted Roman Polanski's office in Paris. They got involved, and within two months a new Blu-Ray was issued.

Note that if you see this new version in stores, it will have the same packaging. The difference is a sticker placed over the barcode.

THIS IS WHAT TO LOOK FOR to distinguish it from the old defective one:

The old number under the barcode is:

8 83929 10637 0

The NEW number under the NEW barcode is:

8 83929 20395 6

Bought it for Frantic as I like Polanski's movies.

The movie is ok but flawed (the end feels off) and did not age very well.

The image quality is not good.

Buy Frantic & Presumed Innocent (2010) Now

I was thrilled when these two finally came out in Blu-Ray, Especially "Frantic" because the original did not have subtitles. This is one great two-fer !

Read Best Reviews of Frantic & Presumed Innocent (2010) Here

This episode has caused me one hell of a headache:

1. I also had the faulty audio version as part of an order late last year 2010.

2. I only found the problem recently and on checking the feedback here, realized that I was not alone.

3. I contacted Customer Service by email and they agreed to replace the item at no cost to me. I carefully explained that there was a new version of the Blu-ray which I of course wanted as my disc was not just 'one-off' defective.

4. A new order was created, but on checking my account found that the new order was infact for the same faulty version.

5. Once again I contacted Customer Service, this time by the "CHAT" method. After about one hour of discussion, I think I have a resolution, but to get there was an epic and I'm still not convinced that the message has gotten through that there are two versions of this Blu-ray in their system, one of which is a re-issue by the manufacturer of the previous defective one.

6. The simplest solution to this, was to cancel the new replacement order of the faulty title and for me to manually re-order the newer version. For some reason, they were not able to simply swap in this order to the re-issue!

I've been assured that I'm still going to get refunded for the original order.

7. Assuming that my replacement is okay in all respects, I've still only given this Blu-ray 4 Stars as I don't think the VIDEO

on both the contained movies is as good as many of the titles that are being re-issued.

It's certainly not bad, but nothing like the apparent original resolution that is being realized these days. Infact I maybe going out on a bit of a limb here, but video wise, this Blu-ray release is no better than what would be available on a standard DVD. The advantage though I suppose, is getting the two movies on one disc.

8. Why the original, which has obviously been acknowledged by the manufacturer as defective is still in the system, escapes me.

Want Frantic & Presumed Innocent (2010) Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment