Monday, September 8, 2014

Towanoquon Complete Collection (2012)

Towanoquon Complete CollectionBasic Overview:

Centuries ago there were many people who had special abilities but as time progressed their numbers became fewer and fewer. Those people without abilities began to fear those that had abilities. Over time those with abilities became known as the demons and monsters of the mountains and valleys. As the fear grew in those who lacked abilities they began to hunt down those who were different, reducing their numbers even more.

In a futuristic Tokyo, unique human beings who have awakened distinct powers are being hunted by a secret organization named Custos. Known as "Attractors", these exceptional humans are joining forces to defend themselves. They are led by a boy named Quon, an idealist who is determined to save all the Attractors he can.

My Review:

Towanoquon is definitely a must watch anime, it is very engaging, has great character development for the series I've seen recently, and a pretty straight forward type of story telling. The first part of the series will definitely get you hooked but the story tends to speed up a bit and be a little rushed in the last part. Admittedly the last episode has the best quality of art, the others are all quite good as well, just not as good as the last. The last episode is a bit rushed, I admit, but I felt it did have a rather satisfying ending, which I haven't seen much of lately in anime series. Though in retrospect as you watch the series you will notice at the end of a episode/movie there is a tribute to the director at the end of a episode (though I can't remember which one at the moment) as he died of lung cancer, which may have resulted in them ending the series, that could have been longer, before planned.

I've read a lot of places where this has been compared to X-men, and while it is a little like that I think a better comparison for it would probably be Towards the Terra (which the art style reminds of a bit too). It also could compare a bit to Blassreiter, it reminds me of the people with abilities from Towards the Terra having something like a transformation into something like the demoniacs from Blassreiter (not to mention the cyborgs). It is most definitely not for kids, there is plenty of blood, gore, violence and a bit of fan service to go around. I would give the series a 9/10 overall as I enjoyed the story, characters, art and ending.

I would also like to note I watched the dub, though from looking at the Japanese cast I'm sure that track is amazing too, but it wasn't as bad as some I've seen. I didn't notice any spots where they missed the mark, it was very enjoyable as well. They seemed to have done a very good job casting as they voices seemed to match the characters very well. I was rather impressed.

Packaging:

I bought the DVD set (not the blu-ray) which has episodes 1-3 on the first DVD and episodes 4-6 and a commentary for episode 6 on the second DVD from what I remember.

I saw Towanoquon as I was browsing for new anime to watch. I threw it on my preorder list and waited for it to get to me.

As far as the packaging goes, this item came in a typical blu-ray case and contained two discs. The 1st had 4 of the 6 movies on it, while the other had the other 2 movies and some extras. The extras were just your typical clean opening and endings and some commentary.

The show itself was very enjoyable. The action was well done and the plot line kept me interested throughout the entire show. I think the only bad thing I noticed about this show is it reminds me too much of X-men. It has some originality, but most of the basic concepts are repeated.

Buy Towanoquon Complete Collection (2012) Now

Let me start off by saying I did enjoy Towanoquon. It was fun. It had action, some mild comedy, and an engaging story. However, my main problem with the show is the feeling of "been there, done that". All forms of entertainment borrow from previous works but the whole time i felt like i was was watchint X-MEN: THE JAPANESE VERSION. Overall the story is about "Attractors" who are basically mutants. They are people with special abilities. The main character finds newly awaked Attractors and tries to save them before the villians destroy them. He then takes the Attractors/mutants to his Theme park (very reminiscent of Xaviers school for the gifted) and helps the children better understand their abilities and how to use the. Overall the show is fun and not a waste of time. I would never bash the show for being unentertaining just unoriginal. If you are bored and looking for something to watch its not a bad pick up. But if you have a long list of anime you are trying to see you may wanna pass on this one or move it down the line and watch some better shows before this one.

Read Best Reviews of Towanoquon Complete Collection (2012) Here

The show was good and completed itself well, It's nothing amazing but it's definitely worth watching.

The story line it's self was was good but a bit used, that's not a problem but its not the best adaptation of the idea of mutated people with powers being hunted,Killed,discriminated against and experimented on by an origination.That's acceptable cause the action in the show was amazing in this show that kept your eyes glued to the screen.

The packaging was just a normal blu-ray case with two disc containing all 6 films

Japanese audio subtitles optional to turn on or off

And English dub, which wasn't that bad.

Want Towanoquon Complete Collection (2012) Discount?

This show is amazing action drama it looks fantastic. It got here 2 days after i bought it so thats the fastest shipment i've received ever not paying for next day or overnight very satisfied!!

Save 38% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment