Friday, August 8, 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze / Teenage Mu

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Turtles in TimeGrowing up, I can't remember anything better than waking up on Saturday morning to watch cartoons. Out of all the cartoons on the morning line up TMNT was priority one. So, logically when movie number one hit the box office I dragged my mom to theater to stand in line. What an awesome experiance.

Now that Mikey is all growns up (in age, not heart), I can watch these movies and remember all the times I spent emulating the fight scenes and every now and then sending my friends home with bloody lips. On to the reviews......

TMNT #1: A+ Great flick. Even now, I cant think of a movie that so closely resembles its other medium. Turtles costumes looked authentic, but Shredder is by far the best dressed. Great story, even though the love scene with Casey and April could have been cut with no tears. The one thing that bugged me more than anything was the origin of Splinter. It was more believable in the cartoon, WHY?!?

TMNT #2 Secret of the Ooze: AGood flick. Didnt like this April as much, but liked the Turtle costumes better. Shredder still best dressed. Toka and Raza, could have been a little more menacing. But the movie more than makes up for it with Super Shredder, and Vanilla Ice's best song of his career "Ninja Rap". Still a solid story.

TMNT #3: B+ Good flick. I was a little older when I saw this one so my opinion probably would have been better. But never-the-less the story was decent with what material they had left to keep it fresh. Old April is back with flying colors. My least favorite of the three but had the most heart. Raphael coming out of his "shell", pun intended.

So all in all, if your in mid 20's like me, this is a must buy collection, you will look back 30 years from now and feel like a kid again. And at the price you cant beat it. COWABUNGA!!

For all you Raphael fans out there, suck it. Leonardo RULES!!

Not to be confused for a collection digitally remastered for sound and picture quality, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3-Pak simply bundles the previously released Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993) into one handy, reasonably priced boxed set. I knew this going into the purchase, and so should you. With the exception of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the best of the three films) which unfortunately features the same grainy-at-times video quality of the VHS edition (if not more), the films look pretty good and sound nice in 5.1 Dolby Surround. Features include Widescreen and Fullscreen versions of the films; Closed Captions; English subtitles; Animated Menus; Interactive games; Character biographies; and Trailers. I picked up this collection on the cheap following the big screen release of the CGI-animated feature film TMNT (2007). Until someone gets wise and release a remastered collection, this Turtles 3-Pak is a good, cheap way to preserve the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy on DVD.

Buy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze / Teenage Mu Now

lets face this topic first. The standards by which films are made in present day aren't as they once were back in the early 90's. I myself now have to laugh at some of the ridiculous stuff thats going on in the Ninja Turtles movies. No not the comedy, but say the second films lack of plot or the ever changing cast over the three films. HOWEVER! If you were a fan of these movies long ago when growing up, I beleive you will enjoy revisiting these films. The first film is great and today possibly could pass as a B film. The other two are great for fans, admitidly not as good as the first but at the same time, I feel today these flicks might have gone straight to video. Don't get me wrong. I love these movies. They are a part of my childhood and a part of me. Yet, I am saying the above to tell all film enthusiasts that these aren't "Great films" for film fans. They are for fans of the Turtles and as that, these films triumph. Recapture the magic of these films as they are now avalible in this DVD 3 set. and for the cost, I dobt see how anyone could possibly regret buying these sweet movies. Thanks for reading. hope it was helpful.

Read Best Reviews of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze / Teenage Mu Here

Ninja Turtles may be as loved as hated as the Pokemon (and I love Pokemon, too!) but either way, just like Pokemon is in Japan, TMNT is a classic in America! Everyone who grew up in America in the 80's and 90's should get this collection just to say "I have the Ninja Turtle Collector's Set!"

Great movies, action-packed. I personally like the first one most because the turtles look more "real"... Since I expected every sequal to be identical to the very first one, I was a little dissapointed in the 2nd due to different visual effects and the change of casting, and even more so with the third, but nonetheless I love them all, and I recommend all of them if you want a nostalgic collection of growing up.

Want Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze / Teenage Mu Discount?

Now I love the Teeage Mutant Ninja Turtles live action movies. The first one is classic, the 2nd one has it's flaws but it's a ton of fun and my personal favorite, the 3rd one whitch alot of people hate, I personely enjoyed it. I own each movie on vhs and I never really got around to geting the DVDs but when I found this blu ray at wal mart for 15$ I had to get it. The blu ray has the 3 movies on seprate discs that have pizza designs on them, The quality is mostly good but not to impressive. The first film compared to the vhs looks great, the colors are more brighter and details are easier to see, It still has a fuzzy look to it but over all it looks good. also the sound is more clear. But even with all that, this blu ray dosen't have any worth while extras, it only has a trailer for the movie and a sneak peek video for the video game TMNT Smash Up. The second film compared to the first film's quality, it's not as impressive, the colors still look brighter and the detail once again are easier to see. But the film still has that fuzzy look to it, I often thought that it was the DVD of the movie with hardley any major clean ups. and like the first movie, hardley any worth while extras, just the trailer for the movie. So over all the quality is alright. Now the 3rd movie, now I know that the people that hate the 3rd film aren't gonna be happy about this but the 3rd film's quality looks great, the colors are vibrant, the details are superb. but just like the 1st and 2nd, no worth while extras, just a trailer for the movie. But overall, this blu ray set is very worth while for turtle fans, despite some flaws in the quality, it's the best these movies have ever look, and those who coulden't affored the collecter's edtion on blu ray, then this set is well worth the money.

Save 29% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment