Thursday, July 24, 2014

Night at the Museum Collection (2010)

Night at the Museum CollectionI still gave it 5 stars. I wish you could do half stars. I would have docked it half a star for the fact that it's 2 full cases that come in a very nice cardboard box. EXCEPT, the cardboard box is not an open ended kind on the side so you can just slide the regular plastic cases out the side. Instead, check my photos. You will see you have to open the flaps from the top and pull the cases out. Which is sad because it's a nice box with pull tab that changes the characters in the windows. Instead the box is a pain to keep moving the cases in and out of. I got this box set for about the same cost as just the 2nd movie. And you get the Blu-Ray only version of the first film (I happen to already have the first film on DVD). And you get the 3 disc Blu-Ray, DVD, Digital Copy set of the 2nd movie!

And since it's just the 2 normal cases in a box. It's like buying both separately but cheaper in my case. It just would have been nice to see this nice cardboard box with an open side so I could keep it on the shelf and still get the movie cases in and out easy. Such a simple thing that would have made this box set top notch.

Read the reviews of the Blu-Ray versions below. The first film has some quality issues. But is still a huge step up from the DVD version. And the 2nd film has a good video transfer. Link was removed to the review, google for the blu-ray review. (not the movie review)

Love Ben Stiller's movies. In Blu-ray they are even better. We laughed again even though we've seen NATM several times before

Buy Night at the Museum Collection (2010) Now

I had the original in DVD & I loan it to someone & I never received it back. So, it was nice to find these movies in Blu-Ray. I would buy from this seller again.

Read Best Reviews of Night at the Museum Collection (2010) Here

We bought this after watching the first movie. My 6 year old loves Night at the Museum so much we pretend to be characters from the movie and run around the house playing.

Want Night at the Museum Collection (2010) Discount?

So you should buy this to have the full collection, but I have to say: unlike most movie franchises, the sequel here is far better than the original. There are some truly hysterical moments in the sequel, and Frank Azaria should have received an Oscar for his performance. And here's one thing worthy to note: a lot of kids movies try to work in jokes that only adults will get to keep the adults entertained -but the jokes are usually sexual in nature, a lot of double entendres. And I'm no prude, but still: it's not very original. In Night 2: Battle for the Smithsonian, the adult jokes are laugh out loud funny -and none of them have to do with sex. They parody co-workers we might all relate to, or songs that we know, or -most of the time -historical figures. If you know even the tiniest part about history, you'll be laughing out loud at Custer in this movie. I feel like these sorts of "adult" jokes required far more creativity than making yet another pun on the phrase "come out" or showing adults coming to the door in dissheveled clothes...and you'll laugh more because of it. This is one of the very few movies that when my 5 year old son asks me to put it on, I eagerly watch with him (and he's watched both of these at least 20 times since we purchased it, so they get a lot of miles...)

Save 60% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment