Thursday, July 17, 2014

Kylie Minogue - Kylie Live X2008

Kylie Minogue - Kylie Live X2008This review focuses on the BLU RAY transfer than on the actual concert. You can read the SD reviews for the overall quality of this concert. With that said this BLU RAY can best be described as a huge disappointment. For those of you expecting a transfer similar to Celine Dion's Live In Vegas tour, prepare to be disappointed. This transfer misses on all counts. Mediocre sound and an extremely soft, blurry grainy picture best describes this hot mess. I compared the picture of this BLU RAY against my SD copy of the Kylie Catch The Fever tour 2002 concert, and the picture quality of the 2002 concert just blows this away. The fact that the 2002 picture was nothing earth shattering should give you an idea of how bad this video looks. The Kylie X concert is watchable when the shots are distant and there are no close ups. But when a close ups of Kylie is shown, the picture gets so grainy that it looks like ants are crawling all over her face. The editors seem to have realized this because camera shots are all over the place. The camera will show a 6 second close up of her face, realize that the picture looks horrible then keeps panning out until it finds a decent show. When I watched this concert I felt like I was sitting in the nose bleed section than on the floor. The video and camera work look like the work of amateur trying to bootleg the concert. It is not BLU RAY quality, or even SD DVD quality. The picture quality is akin to a 1980's BETA movie. The sound is better although no different than sound quality of 2002 Catch the Fever tour.

If you like the CD and feel like you have to get the concert, save yourself some money and get the SD release. It can't be any worse than this hot mess.

I've enjoyed all of Kylie's concerts, especially Manchester and Showgirl; this one was nice to see because of the new songs and variety in staging and choreography. Compared to a lot of modern singers, one thing that's always impressed me personally about Kylie is the hard work she puts into choreography and staging. She's always been very conscientious about delivering a great show for her audiences, and this one is another winner. While to be honest I like her earlier concerts better, this one is still well worth getting, because she's evolved over time (like Sade, M, others), in a good way.

I just recently found out about Kylie Minogue a year or so ago, wish I'd found her years earlier, as she's one of the top female pop vocal performers ever. I watch her concert DVDs regularly and highly recommend all of them, including this one. Well done, and thanks for keeping the music coming, Kylie.

To the music,

Ken

Buy Kylie Minogue - Kylie Live X2008 Now

Let me start by saying that I love Kylie Minogue. Really, I do. Beautiful woman, a gracious smile, a great body and the voice of a princess. I have six DVD's from this girl who I deeply admire. She is my queen of pop (yes, I know all about Madonna since the 80's) and I don't have any blank spaces in my mind or heart for anyone else (in the pop world, I mean). But this Blu-Ray edition is really somehow disappointing. The image doesn't have the quality expected of a Blu-ray disc, maybe because it was poorly filmed or something went wrong in the editing process. My disc has the information that it is a PAL version, but plays without problems in both my (NTSC) blu-ray players. Nothing wrong with my queen or the concert itself. If you are a Kylie fan like myself, buy it. Don't have high expectations on the image, though.

Read Best Reviews of Kylie Minogue - Kylie Live X2008 Here

I do not have any other videos of Kylie to compare this to, but I really like it. She is a "new" addition to my media concert collection and I am happy with it. She has an awesome stage presence, she is just a beautiful woman, her stage rocks and her music is what we all know...great. Why 3 stars? Well, I would give it only 1 but her performance was a 5, the video quality was not blu ray nor was it dvd quality. It is poor, grainy, it leaves a lot to be desired. The sound is great but the video quality really was a flop. For those of you that don't agree, good for you if you are not experiencing this problem with this blu ray, mine was so bad that I stopped it, popped another blu ray in...similar in nature...a concert, to make sure my TV or player were not acting up. Right away I noticed the difference, the system was working fine, it was Kylies blu ray that was not up to par.

I would advise to buy the DVD instead

Want Kylie Minogue - Kylie Live X2008 Discount?

Kylie Minogue's 2008 world tour is easily the envy of any pop music fan. As grand a spectacle as anything from Madonna to Lady Gaga...those ladies could learn a thing or two from Kylie. A great show and beautifully captured!

Save 51% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment