Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Dragon (2011)

Dragon*This is not a review of the content of the film*

I thought it would be prudent to post this disclaimer on Amazon as it directly effected my decision to NOT buy this version of this movie.

THIS IS NOT THE ORIGINAL VERSION, but rather one that has been edited and shortened by the American Studio handling the domestic release.

Also, changes have been made to some of the music as well.

Now, I'm sure some people don't care about this sort of thing, and you who don't will get an acceptable movie if you decide to buy this. Personally I am a bit of a purist and get offended when some Suits who had nothing to do with making a movie suddenly start cutting bits out and generally messing it about.

If you've got the scratch to spend, you can get the undiluted Chinese release here: Wu Xia Blu-Ray (Region A) (English Subtitled) Donnie Yen

That is all, and may you get much enjoyment out of this film in whatever form you acquire it.

*Unhelpful side note for the curious*:

I am also annoyed by the rebranding of this film as "Dragon." While Wu Xia does technically mean dragon, that is not the context of the title. "Wu Xia" is also the term for the sub-genre of story telling that this film is an example of. Hence, renaming it "dragon" is like renaming a Film Noir titled "Noir" to "Black" for a foreign release, which doesn't make any sense and is stupid. :p

Imagine my shock as I watched this DVD and found out that I was not going to get the normal run-of-the-mill martial art movie. This story actually has layers and depth. Don't get me wrong, there is still plenty of action, but it interspersed with great acting and a solid, realistic storyline. I even found a few plot twists that were totally unexpected. A definite must see.

Buy Dragon (2011) Now

My wife and I saw this on Vuudo last night. We loved this movie!. It's a great Kung Fu movie, but it also has a great story to it also. I'm going to add this to my collection, so I will be buying this as soon as its out..

Read Best Reviews of Dragon (2011) Here

love this movie. amazing storyline. would recommend to everyone.

wish it was in English so I didn't have to read the sub titles but other than that I love it.

Want Dragon (2011) Discount?

I am a huge fan of Chinese Films , if you expected the usual martial arts film you will be surprised as this turns out to be a csi investigation. Donnie Yen gives a terrific performance unlike the last couple of films where he seemed to be acting by numbers. The detective also gives a terrific performance with soul. Lookout for Jimmie Wang Yu's performance I hardly recognised him . Highly recommended

Save 40% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment