Friday, July 25, 2014

Circus World

Circus WorldThe copy of Circus World I had taped off the air more than 15 years ago was really starting to wear out and I was really glad to find this DVD. When I got it, I noticed the Chineese text underneath all of the English on the cover. I found the DVD had sub-titles you couldn't turn off, only an OK picture and sound that was out of phase. At times the audio sounded like it was at the bottom of a barrel. Since I can't find anything better out there, I'll keep it, but "let the buyer beware" on this one. It's really only better than no copy at all of what is otherwise a really good John Wayne movie.

Circus WorldThis dvd isn't even worth the small amount of money I paid for it. I would have paid a better price but this was all that was available to me. The quality of the sound, plus the speaking was out of alignment with the mouths moving. Over all I was displeased with this product. What is so terrible that we here in USA have far more ablity to re-product such great classics but don't. It makes no sense to me that we can't buy GOOD quality producted dvd's of great movie classics. How about doing much more about this! We are going to loose such fine entertaining movies such as this one! K. M. Kemp

Buy Circus World Now

From all of the complaints about the quality of THIS Korean import release, may I suggest you check Amazon for availability of the alternate Korean version. I just purchased it, and it has an excellent fully synchronized clean sound track, presented in its original wide-screen cinamascope, and transferred from a fairly clean original print. I only saw some minor dust during the opening credits. Maybe some day Hollywood will do a much deserved full restoration on this circus classic, throw in some bonus features, and even English sub-titles for the hearing impaired and those who have a problem with Claudia Cardinale's Itallian dialect. But until then, the alternate Korean version is probably your best way to view this classic! Region "0" NTSC is playable in US and Canada.

Read Best Reviews of Circus World Here

The DVD of Circus World sold by KNS MEDIA was the best quality I have seen for this movie. The shipping was really fast, and the DVD was accurately described. The DVD is 16 x 9 Enhanced for Widescreen TV's which is a plus and the audio was Dolby Digital 4.0 surround sound and it sounded great. There are Korean subtitles came on at first, but they were easy to turn off. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this DVD.

Circus World (1964) John Wayne, Claudia Cardinale[All Region, Import, NTSC]

Want Circus World Discount?

This DVD was everything it was described as. I normally don't write any reviews, but felt compelled to do so here. This is a real good John Wayne vehicle and is unreleased in America. This is a mint print of a seldom seen movie in his catalog, and I highly recommend buying this particular copy if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment