Friday, July 11, 2014

2013 Rose Bowl presented by Vizio (2013)

2013 Rose Bowl presented by VizioThis was an excellent product. I felt the quality was excellent. I really enjoyed not having to view all of the commercials.

I was unable to see the game live due to prior commitments, but it was nice to view the replay at my own liesure and comfort.

Camera angles, action shots, play-by-play and commentary are all first rate. A+

But I thought the quick pace through the game (eliminated much of the between play action) took away from capturing the atmosphere in the stadium. I didn't quite get the same sense of big-time college atmosphere that I normally get from a live broadcast. I did appreciate the concise pace...but perhaps a little too fast and concise.

I do also agree with the previous review that says the DVR version isn't as crisp as I would have expected.

Buy 2013 Rose Bowl presented by Vizio (2013) Now

UPDATE (3/14/13) I am updating my review because I decided to purchase this disc after seeing positive reviews for the BCS Championship DVD. I received the disc and while the DVD portion is still less than acceptable, the Blu-Ray version is terrific. Very clear and bright. Vizio (or whoever produces this) finally got it right.

********************************************

I've purchased the last two bowls Stanford played in (Orange and Fiesta)and have been terribly disappointed by the quality of these DVDs (so much for 'once bitten, twice shy'). The playback looks like analog TV (played on an HD capable TV). I can't figure out why they can't produce a HD quality DVD. I debated returning both copies but didn't keep the games on my DVR. This year, I'm keeping the Rose Bowl on my DVR (even expanded capacity w/HD to do this). Not sure what it means for this to be a 'blu-ray' DVD I don't expect the production to be any better. I'll watch the reviews to see if the quality has improved at all but am not optimistic.

Read Best Reviews of 2013 Rose Bowl presented by Vizio (2013) Here

No comments:

Post a Comment