Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My Father the Hero (1994)

My Father the HeroI'm a real Gérard Depardieu fan and I enjoyed this movie a lot.

To be cursed with a beautiful daughter, and all the wonderful things that can happen as you have to let her go and grow... well, it's tough. I've got three daughters and man, is it ever a difficult thing.

There's real love and affection in here, even though the daughter attempts to reject all that her father has to offer... eventually there is a meeting of minds, even though there's plenty of misperceptions and 'stories' that get told by the daughter...

"He's my lover", not my dad is where this gets to be hysterical... and to hear Gérard Depardieu sing that old show tune about loving little girls... well, it's hysterical.

His overreactions, her fabrications, the warmth and love amidst the utter humor of it all.

A whole family movie or better yet, a date movie.

Worth watching repeatedly. Well worth buying.

Fourteen year old Nicole's parents are divorced and her French father, Andre, is taking her on a tropical vacation to the Bahamas. Reluctantly, Nikki leaves her mother in New York City for the ten day getaway. She is at the height of her adolescence and she's anything but excited to be in a place that is filled with "old people" as she puts it to her father. While there, she meets seventeen year old Ben, and she's instantly infatuated with him. Wanting to impress her crush, Nikki tells him that she is slightly older than she actually is, and that her father is not her dad, but her boyfriend! Nikki persuades her father into going along with the whole charade, and soon enough, the entire resort finds out and they are absolutely repulsed by the fact that a man of Andre's age has such a young "girlfriend." Hilarious situations and a number of laughs make this movie a winner. One of my all time favorites.

Buy My Father the Hero (1994) Now

This movie was really funny to me. I really loved Katherine Heigl in it, I wish she was in more movies. Alicia Silverstone was out for the role but she was too fat or something, but I think Katherine did a really good job. The script is funny, the whole thing about her making people think her dad was her lover was hilarious. If you don't want to buy this movie, you should at least rent it and watch it. It's adorable.

Read Best Reviews of My Father the Hero (1994) Here

Went with ordering a movie because Gerard Depardieu was in it. It didn't even qualify for silly and not worth the time to see it.

Want My Father the Hero (1994) Discount?

No comments:

Post a Comment