Friday, January 31, 2014

Wild Child

Wild ChildThis film is full of cheesy goodness. If you are looking for a young chick flick with with a dash of romance, this one is a great choice.

This movie has been done before... A LOT. What sets this film apart is the stellar cast. It is the last movie made by Natasha Richardson and casting Alex Pettyfer as the love interest doesn't hurt. The lead is played by Emma Roberts (the daughter of actor Eric Roberts and Julia Robert's niece), who obviously has taken some pointers from family members. She shines in this role as a snotty rich kid who transforms into the young woman she was meant to be. She got caught up in the fast lane of California living after her mother passed and when her dad has had enough, she gets carted off to her mom's old boarding school in England! There is an obvious clash of cultures as she has to find her way in a foreign school with it's own caste system. Enter the mean girls and a handsome son of a headmistress and there's your plot. You know how it ends but getting there is pure fun!

We all know what is going to happen but isn't that half the reason we watch this kind of movie? As a viewer, you are not looking at this dvd as an option and thinking -I want to watch award winning cinema! You know you are getting a lighthearted teen romp. You'll discover a young woman finding herself, real friends and love as she searches for meaning in her life. The belief that anyone can be transformed is a powerful message even if it is told in silly ways. So sit back, grab a bowl of popcorn with extra butter and enjoy a fun movie.

I saw this movie when I was in Britain last summer. Emma's character wasn't as wild as the title may suggest but there were a lot unexpected twists in this movie that made it more than your regular romcom. I highly recommend this movie and I will definitely buy this.

Buy Wild Child Now

I first rented this movie to see what it was all about and right after I watched it I knew that I had to own it. It is entertaining from the very first scene!

Read Best Reviews of Wild Child Here

I had my doubts about this movie, but I knew I had to buy it after watching only 20 minutes. I found the portrayal of American California girls very interesting. I am from Indiana, and I admit, several things that Poppy (the main character) and her friends did line up with prejudices that I've developed through American media. So, seeing that was amusing, but made me wonder if Europeans thought all Americans acted that way (because we do not). I know not all Californians do, either.

I could not stop laughing, and these were laughs, not chuckles. I LOVED seeing Poppy's hand sanitizer. I had bought my own bottle a few days before watching the movie.

There was not a single character that I did not like. Though, Alex Pettyfer's hair could be improved. ;) I like his style in "I Am Number 4" better, but I digress. The actors were beyond amazing, and consequently, I loved the characters. I loved their hair, accents, clothes, facial expressions, everything. The movie was a true delight, and I'm planning to watch it with my Mom. ^_^

ALSO: I am a Christian, and I personally loved the way the headmistress handled Poppy's case. Too many times in Church we encounter wild child Poppys, and we condemn them. We yell at them, order them to clean their act up, show disgust to them, etcetera. Then, we usually chase them out of the Church because they're just too wild. I think Christians should watch this movie because of the valuable lesson in it: Call out the good in people.

Poppy acted the way she did because she was hurting inside. She missed her mother. Many times in real life, people commit negative, hurtful deeds because they are hurting inside. As Christians, we are called to do what Christ did, which was HEAL them and NEVER condemn them. If you heal the wound, the behavior changes automatically. But if you try to "fix" behavior without healing the wound, well, that is as silly as trying to "fix" the speakers without turning the radio to an actual radio station. The behavior is not the problem. It's the manifestation of the problem.

NDN

Want Wild Child Discount?

I loved the movie but as far as watching it I kept having to refresh it because it kept getting stuck.

Save 58% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment