Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Family that Preys (2008)

The Family that Preys*Please Note: There May be Spoilers in My Review*

Tyler Perry has become one of my favorite actors / directors. He seems to, "get" what women feel / know and what we, as humans ahould always remember, that to treat strangers with respect as they may be angels in disguise.

Charlotte ( Kathy Bates ) and Alice ( Alfre Woodard ) have been friends for over 30 years. Charlotte is a rich woman and Alice is a middle class woman, yet their friendship has thrived for so many years. I have to say that if Anyone is Blessed to have a friend as wonderful as Alice, God has Blessed them, cause not too many people come around like her that keep you grounded and love you no matter what.

We meet Charlotte and Alice at the wedding of Alice's daughter Andrea. Charlotte is picking up the tab for the whole wedding, as Alice is her dear friend and Charlotte's own son decided to elope, so Charlotte can't do the whole Southern grand wedding thing for him.

I didn't like Andrea ( Alice's daughter ) at all when I first was introduced to her. To me, she was a spoiled, spiteful woman who had major issues with Charlotte and why her mom was allowing Charlotte to pay for her wedding. She was still dislikable through almost all the movie to me.

Charlotte's son, William Cartwright, played by, Cole Hauser, is a major leech, judging by the way his eyes undress Andrea, Sanaa Lathan, at her wedding. It's implied, then shown that William and Andrea become lovers, while their kind and supportive spouses know nothing about what is going on. Andrea's husband Chris, Rockmond Dunbar, and his brother-in-law Ben, Tyler Perry, want to start their own construction business, and Chris approaches William regarding a construction company and William can become a share holder in the new company. William does a usual ya-da ya-da, and a, "I will get back to your wife to get to you" jabber and then tells Andrea that he will fire her husband which she promptly agrees to.

Meanwhile, Alice and Charlotte decide to do a spontaneous road trip west to see and do whatever they feel like seeing and doing. You can see the special bond between the two women and the love they share, as Alice puts up with a lot of Charlotte's wild ways and spontinaity, yet manages to keep her faith and get Charlotte Baptized in the whole journey. It is on this journey that Alice discoveres that Charlotte has early Alzheimer's and doesn't want Alice to tell anyone especially her no good, power grubbing son.

Charlotte butts heads with her son who wants to rule the company. She knows he isn't ready to rule, so she hires Robin Givens to help run her company, much to her son's dismay and anger. William plans a secret meeting to oust his mother as head of the company, but Charlotte intervenes

, thanks to a forewarning by her not-so-favored daughter-in-law.

This movie has a wonderful way of making a person thankful for those that love them, for enjoying the life one has been Blessed with, and making the most of kindness to others. This movie made me mad at Andrea and want to slap her upside the head and tell her she isn't gonna get her, "other man", and to listen to her mom and sister, cause they know better. Made me appreciate the gift of my best friend and the love of my husband and how Alice's faith in God helped her every day through all her life's trials.

As with most Tyler Perry movies, I can not praise them enough for the messages and entertainment value he provides. You'll sit and watch this to enjoy a movie, but you will also feel your heart and conscience get bigger, just like the grinch in the Dr. Suess story did.

First of all if you are looking for some of that over the top comic that acting that Tyler Perry has it is not your movie. I admit I don't like that type of comedy.. Medea.. etc.. not for me. So it took me a while to find out that Tyler Perry is not all about the silly acting.

I LOVED Why did I get married, and also This Christmas and Meet the Browns had its moments but this is the BEST hands down. its NOT a comedy but a serious film about family, ties, loyality and being betrayed... it is ONE of the best films I think I have ever seen...

Perry has this reputation for these comic rolls and for some reason I can't understand everytime I see one of his movies I am one of the only white people in the theater.. his movies appeal to ALL types of people.. it is easy to relate too and the acting and writing are first rate.. try this.. you won't regret.. if you don't believe me.. rent it, after that you you will want a copy of your own... FANTASTIC FILM

Buy The Family that Preys (2008) Now

This is one of my favorite movies! There are moments were i was like in tears because this movie is filled with so many twist and turns. Sanaa lathuns charactor is horrible, she is so dramatic but she did a great job in this role. Tyler perry picked a really great caste for this movie, so if like his other movies the you'll love this one.It is a funny movie but it is also sad and there are times it will make you mad, but at the end everything comes together.

Read Best Reviews of The Family that Preys (2008) Here

What do you get when you mix a homey ghetto family with one of old money and prestige? You get people with all the warts and needs that people so often come with human beings with issues that hold claim to no class or social distinctions. Tyler Perry seemed to bring the two together in this film, bringing one up a notch and one down, or, maybe showing that there are no such distinctions when it comes to the human drama and that they were on the same level all along.

I can not praise this film enough. It truly, truly blew me away, and when it was over I felt slightly changed. Having been smitten with Tyler Perry since I saw a DVD of his stage play 'Diary of a Mad Black Woman', this film was a departure from his normal poignant humor and delivered a burst of the brilliant filmmaker he is fast becoming. 'The Family that Preys' is truly a remarkable work of emotional art one that will age like the finest of wines. ~ Taylor Siluwé, author of Dancing With The Devil

Want The Family that Preys (2008) Discount?

This movie really inspired me. To be more grateful of your mother and sometimes, I can be mean to my mom without noticing and this movie really inspired me to be kind to my mother and be more aware of how I treat others. Great movie!

Save 21% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment