Thursday, December 5, 2013

Labor Pains (2009)

Labor PainsWhatever her press, Lindsey Lohan delivers a great performance in The Parent Trap, Freaky Friday, Mean Girls, and now Labor Pains. This is a REALLY smart and funny film--well worth seeing and far better than the usual comedic maternity genre. Rest of cast is excellent, as well. Haven't heard of Lara Shapiro before, but i want to see anything else she's written or directed. Gold!

Lindsey L is not my favorite actress, but she really was quite hilarious in this well written and stylish film. I really enjoyed the story and really laughed at a number of scenes, especially the birthing class scene. The supporting cast is suburb and Cheryl Hines is particularly hilarious. Chris Parnell is very strong and the setting is true LA at its best. I particularly loved the sound track and story line. I am now a fan of Lindsey's and highly recommend this fun film for any group of expecting women looking for a laugh.

Buy Labor Pains (2009) Now

The problem here is that if you go in thinking this movie is going to be slapstick comedy, it's not. The comedy is very low key. Somebody mentioned the humor was like Working Girl which I agree. There are no belly laughs here. If you watch the movie with that mind set, it's an o.k. movie, but it seems more serious than funny. T.C.

Read Best Reviews of Labor Pains (2009) Here

I thought this had a really good and funny plot. Lindsay Lohan did an awesome job. Lohan stars as a secretary named Thea Clayhill who is about to be fired by her very stubborn boss. She is soon forced to lie and tell him she is pregnant. People start being nicer to her, and she is given a promotion. Will Thea ever reveal to her friends that she isn't 'with child'? I highly recommend LABOR PAINS!!!

Want Labor Pains (2009) Discount?

I was given this as a gift and I had low expectations of this movie because of the drama surrounding LL's private (not so private life). Well this movie is much better than I thought it would be. The plotline is decent and I found myself routing for her character. It is a light comedy that works and is an easy watch and the movie movies along at quite a decent pace. To some it up do yourself a favour and give this movie a chance you will not regret it.

Save 69% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment