Monday, December 30, 2013

Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985)

Girls Just Want to Have FunGirls Just Want to Have Fun is an 80's classic, representing the time and culture perfectly. If you want to know what it is like try thinking of an 80's version of Center Stage and mixing it with Dirty Dancing. The movie follows Janey Glenn(Sarah Jessica Parker), who has just moved into town, as she tries out for the DanceTV contest to be a regular on the show. But as always in the 80's the parents get in the way and she has to sneak out in order to practice with her elected dance partner Jeff Malene(Lee Montgomery). As romance blossoms so does jealousy for a spoilt brat Natalie Sands(Holly Gagnier) as she tries her hardest to break the two up, to win the guy and the contest, by getting Janey into trouble with her strict folks! But who will win? Well Getting into trouble is easy, but getting out of it is all the fun! Look out for some younger versions of stars of today Helen Hunt(Lynne Stone Janey's new friend), Shannen Doherty(Maggie Malene Jeff's younger "Punk" sister) & Jonathan Silverman(Drew Jeff's annoying friend).

This movie is one of my favorites.. I am a sucker for a cheesy movie with all the ingredients.. I watch this movie whenever I need to just smile and feel good... Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt make an awesome pair in this movie.. I used to watch the movie every night as I was going to bed during my single days:)

Great feel good movie!!!!

Buy Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985) Now

I love this movie! I've watched this countless times since I was 5 years old, and I'm 22... can't imagine NOT watching it. The music, the dancing, the attitudes, and the clothing are everything the 80s are about. I now own it on DVD, and it's still as great as ever. As an avid fan of Sarah Jessica's "S&C"--she still HUGS THE SAME (and is as sweet then as now)!! really-check it out sometime. If you LOVED Dirty Dancing-YOU've got to watch this movie-I think this came out before it and it is so much alike. Definitely recommend watching, buying, owning, and loving this movie... what girl (or even guy) DIDN't want to be on DanceTV???? :) And don't we all just wanna have fun!!!!!

Read Best Reviews of Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985) Here

I saw this movie for the first time when I was probably only 10. It is now my forever favourite movie and I finally found it and bought it this year, after renting it over 20 times for sure.(I can even speak along with it). Get together with a group of your girlfriends and watch this movie! It will make you laugh at the craziness of the 80's and wish you could be friends with Janie(Sarah Jessica Parker)and Lynn(Helen Hunt). It's also really funny to see stars of today when they were just starting out. Still looking for the soundtrack though because it's got awesome music. Anyway, this movie is timeless!

Want Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985) Discount?

I really love this movie...the cast is great, the music is

phenominal. It certainly is a totally 80's experience not to

be missed. The Dance contest at the end is the greatest.....

The best part to me is that sexy Lee Montgomery....whoo hoo..what

a body...what a face:) The nice thing about the movie is no sex

and I don't recall any language..so it is family friendly...

Just a all around great movie, but don't take my word...see it

yourself.......

Save 44% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment