Sunday, November 24, 2013

High Road (2011)

High RoadI have to completely disagree with the previous reviewer. I just went to a screening of this film in NYC and found this movie to be absolutely hilarious. Maybe I'm of a younger generation than the previous reviewer but I wasn't the only one who seemed to enjoy this film. The theatre was sold out, had a very diverse mix of all shapes, sizes & ages in the audience and the laughter never stopped. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Its clear that this film is a very low budget indie and I went in not expecting much, but I found the ensemble cast very entertaining and the story surprisingly sweet ~ which is why I came on here to purchase some copies for friends! I loved it.

Almost a perfect movie. I laughed pretty freakin' hard at a lot of the jokes, and the plot kept moving along at a decent pace. The fact that the script was improved only adds to the humor. Oh the soundtrack was excellent. I want to find it and purchase it only for the sound the drag queen dad sings towards the end.

Buy High Road (2011) Now

This movie is FUNNY. I don't think I am the target audience for this movie, but I found it hilarious laugh til you cry. I have never been a huge fan of improv but this story seems to have a path, and it is so good that it makes me want to take another look at some other improv movies!

I think this movie is perfect for watching with friends. The laughing can be contagious when watching so don't choke on your popcorn! If you have a chance to see this in a theater the theater will be FULL of laughter and joy. Great movie!!

Read Best Reviews of High Road (2011) Here

I was one of the lucky ones to see this movie in a theater, and I laughed my ass off!!! I'm a huge fan of Improv and UCB, so when I finally saw this movie there was no surprise that I would love it. After purchasing and watching it again I caught some subtle jokes that I didn't get before due to the fast pace and the fast dialogue. This is a type of movie that grows on you, like Grandma's Boy. At first I hated Grandma's Boy and thought it was the stupidest movie I have ever seen. Then I watched it with some friends who enjoyed it, and we laughed til we cried. High Road is shot like another Improv movie from a few years back called Cyrus (Matt Walsh, the director of High Road was also in Cyrus) but where Cyrus was a mopey melodrama, High Road plays out like a French Farce. The plot really doesn't matter, but it's the actions of the characters and listening to their dialogue that really makes the movie shine. Watch it with some friends and pay attention, or else you'll miss the funny.

Want High Road (2011) Discount?

"I'm not a drug dealer, I'm an artist." Glenn "Fitz" Fitzgerald's life

is starting to fall apart. His band is breaking up and he watches his

former mates find success while he is stuck at home selling pot to make

money. This may be my shortest review ever. This movie is 100%

improved. Unlike movies like "Best In Show", "Mighty Wind", and most of

Will Ferrell's movies this one is not funny. It may be because I'm too

old but this is not my type of movie and I thought it was lame and

boring. Overall, not for me. I give it a D.

Save 50% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment