Saturday, November 23, 2013

Drop Zone (1994)

Drop ZoneI loved this movie. The skydiving stunts are great, and it actually has a plot! Seems most action movies don't even bother with a plot anymore. Wesley Snipes and Yancy Butler did a great job. Their characters are believable, you feel like you're right there. I can't wait to try skydiving myself.

Basically, this plays like any other Wesley Snipe's movie. The bad guys under-estimate him so they get dealt with. Whats the difference with this one then, this one is actually good. It has good one-liners, a good-looking female lead that people would've actually heard of and, there's top action to boot. What more do you want from a movie I hear you ask?

Well, there is more and that is the soundtrack. What surprised me was that there's a lot of good rocky, funky tunes on there that fit in perfectly with the action on the screen.

Let me tell you about the action. It's excellent! Even if you're not a sky-diving fan, this will make you want to take it up. You always know when a films good and that's when you want to be or do what that actor is doing in the film. Drop Zone achieves this with flying colours.

One problem with this film however is that some of the effects are now looking a bit ropey. This, thankfully, is only on about a total of 5 seconds worth of effects from the whole film. This is quite an achievement considering that the film is all about effects and stunts. What do you expect, it is about sky-diving after all.

In complete, this film is a good, all-round action film even if you don't know anything about sky-diving or even if you don't have an interest in sky-diving.

For this price, you can't go wrong!

Buy Drop Zone (1994) Now

I just recently watched this film and I nearly dropped dead, from how awesome this movie is. Every actor/actress in this film is completely in the zone the entire time. Not one of them drops a line or zones out for even a millisecond. My friend dropped this movie off the other night and I was getting a little bored of playing Zone of the Enders so I decided to drop the disc into my DVD player. As the laser zoned in onto the disc, action packed poetry in motion erupted onto my HD television (which has a general viewing zone of 31.5"). The first skydiving scene absolutely blew me away. So much so that I accidentally dropped my Pizza Hut PaZone on my lap.

The pacing of this film is impeccable and never drops a beat. The only thing really lacking in the pacing was heart pounding tunes dropping every couple of minutes, such as Kenny Loggins, Highway to the Danger Zone. I don't want to drop too many hints and spoil the thrilling ending to this film but it is definitely one to remember. The first thing I did after finishing the film was look it up on IMDB to see how many awards it won. Needless to say, my jaw dropped when I saw that this film had won nothing. I said to myself, "what am I in the the Twilight Zone or something?"

My "no spin zone" final review of this film is A+. The DVD version looks drop dead gorgeous on an HDTV. I also highly recommend ordering this movie on Amazon. They will drop ship it speedily to your front door within a day!(depending on when you place your order and what time zone you are in)

Read Best Reviews of Drop Zone (1994) Here

as actions go this one is pretty good. the action is fast paced and the movie does not hang in any area. the aerial filmwork is excellent and addictive. if you were considering skydiving this movie might make you do it. the music is fair but does suit the movie well. if you enjoy snipes movies then you will probobly enjoy this one.

Want Drop Zone (1994) Discount?

Drop Zone is a good movie but almost or actually implausible(yes it's just a movie),Mainly a Sky-Diving movie the year it came out,one to two other similar movies came out(terminal velocity which I saw in the theater being one.)

the movie is long but the action is good and My favorite scene is the jump from the Southeast Financial Center building(called at the time or known as First Union Building then another name now Wachovia.) which was the tallest building at the time in the southeast and in Miami before the hideous Skyscrapers dotted the skyline and blocked the sun in downtown. that's one of the highlights for me in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment