Friday, November 29, 2013

Big Daddy (1999)

Big DaddyMy initial impression based on the trailer was that this would be another crass Sandler flick (Sandler is cool, don't get me wrong), but might have potential. I was surprised It was very good! Adam Sandler adopts a 5-year-old boy to prove to his girlfriend he's ready for the next stage of his life. She dumps him anyway, and Sandler realizes that he doesn't know what he's doing, and so tries to give the kid back. While he's got him, though, they do all sorts of crazy things and have a lot of fun. Rob Schneider provides excellent comic relief, as does Steve Buscemi, who has a cameo in this film. In short, a normally irresponsible man grows up by having to deal with the joys of parenthood. A thumbs-up for heart, and two thumbs up for humor and entertainment! Special features include an HBO First Look which is worthwhile viewing.

The review from "The New Yorker" on this page is probably one of the most pompous and hollow reviews I've ever read. "Big Daddy" is a great movie. I'm a long-time Adam Sandler fan but, put it this way, after seeing this movie, so is my mother. She's usually not into this kind of comedy, but this has become one of her all-time favorite movies. So, saying that "Anyone looking to solve the mystery of Adam Sandler's mass appeal is not going to do it here" seems to be a ridiculous statement.

The movie is funny from "all angles". The story is good, the cast is as solid as I've ever seen in a comedy, etc, etc... Whether or not you're usually into Sandler's brand of comedy, you will most likely appreciate this film. I feel that this is Adam Sandler at his best and it is certainly one of his most successful projects.

Highly recommended.

Buy Big Daddy (1999) Now

This movie is funny. The little boys are cute. In case you didn't know the little boy in the movie is actually twin boys acting the part. I think everyone who likes Adams movies should watch this.

Read Best Reviews of Big Daddy (1999) Here

Sonny Koufax is 32 years old. He's a law school graduate. He's got a nice apartment in Manhattan. There's just one problem. He does nothing, except sit on his butt and live off an investment that was the result of a meager lawsuit he won a year ago. But after his fed up girlfriend leaves him, he comes up with the ingenious idea to adopt a five year old boy to showcase his newfound maturity. But things don't go as planned, and Sonny finds himself the unlikely foster father that will change his perspective on just looking out for himself. This is a great movie and it will make you laugh. I would recommend this to anyone who like to laugh.

Want Big Daddy (1999) Discount?

my parents got 5-6 copies of this movie because its my dad and I's favorite. I HAD to get a copy for myself! its my alltime fave! I LOVE adam sandler and the twin boys do a great job!

Save 60% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment