Thursday, October 24, 2013

Phantom Punch (2009)

Phantom PunchIf you are a boxing fan and if you care to know about the racial struggles of another black man see this movie. Bravo Robert Townsend you did and excellent job of directing this film and I'm just sorry I just viewed it. The story line, the acting, and the cinematography was ALL excellent. The fact that the story is true! I was definitely a Mohammad Ali fan, but I found myself rooting for Listen. I am a collector of movies and this ones now one of the top on my list. Excellent!

I had the chance to watch an advance screening of this film and am looking forward to owning the DVD to see it again. I was pleasantly surprised how great the acting was; Ving Rhames is terrific as Sonny L. Probably my favorite performance, though, was from Nicholas Turturro, who could give Joe Pesci a run for his money! At times, I had to remember that I wasn't watching a documentary (although I'm sure director Robert Townsend took a few liberties!)

With the language and occasional violence, obviously this is a film for adults. Highly recommended!

Buy Phantom Punch (2009) Now

Ving Rhames is Sonny Liston in a fascinating story of one of the most hated boxers of all time. If you know little about Liston this film will fill in the blanks.

Read Best Reviews of Phantom Punch (2009) Here

Great Movie about a true sportsman. Too bad his life had to end this way. at least he did not give in.

Want Phantom Punch (2009) Discount?

I knew nothing about Sonny Liston before this film. All I ever knew was that I wanted Ali to win the fight between the two of them since I only developed an interest in the boxing world because of The Greatest. This film gave me an insite into this man's life and I was truly shocked by the things I learned. This is a film worth watching; albeit, I still wanted Ali to win his bout with Liston. Very good movie.

Save 59% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment