Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Live From Cadogan Hall (2011)

Live From Cadogan HallI have the DVD and the music and emotion is awesome. It is a must have. But I think the Bluray version is only in PAL format.

To be honest I kind of lost track of Marillion for a good 15 to 20 years. I was a fan of their first two records back in high school. By misplaced childhood I thought they had gone to main stream. Then thru a freinds encouragement (who's musical tastes I respect very much) me to give their newer stuff a chance. First I picked up the Fish years records. First two were as good as I remembered and the last two with Fish were much better then I remembered them. So I moved on to the "Hogarth" years. The first couple of CD's he did with them really arn't for me but the later ones were much better. So me and my freind ordered this from their web site (yes these were PAL I don't know if the Amazon one is or not.). The show is mostly made up of Album "Less Is More" done acoustically. I was never to big on the unplugged thing. I mean when it works it's great but in most cases it doesn't. In this case it works. The sound mix on this Blu ray is beautiful.

As a bonus you get the "Less Is More" album in a high definition 96/24 stereo format. Nice bonus since I dont own the record. The reason I am only giving this 3.5 stars is for three reasons. First I don't think the "Hogarth" records are near as interesting as the ones done with Fish. I am not putting him or Marillion in general down. But to me they are almost two different Band's. I am not saying the "Hogarth" period is bad just different. Second is the confusion about the format of the disc. With the lack or misinformation Amazon lists you never know what you are getting. Which brings me to my third complant. Seriously over $40.00 for a single Blu Ray. That is nuts.

I would have preferred a regular show for the Blu ray and not the acoustic evening with that we got. But I have to admit it is really good. Great way to kick back and mellow your mind.

Buy Live From Cadogan Hall (2011) Now

Excellent show...beautiful arrangements that were stripped down, torn apart and put back together again. Outstanding performance, leaves me wanting more...wish I was there.

Read Best Reviews of Live From Cadogan Hall (2011) Here

I got the Blu-ray edition today and it works just fine on my Samsung player. The disc is Region 0 (region-free) and it works on a regular U.S. Blu-ray player. I do not like acoustic concerts much but I am really glad I bought it. I LOVE this one! Great concert! Excellent sound and video quality. Highly recommended.

Want Live From Cadogan Hall (2011) Discount?

Excelente trabajo , lleno de nostalgia , armonia en los sonidos y una ejecucion vocal impecable de Mr. Hogarth . Es para sentarse y escucharlo, acompañado de un buen Whisky ... Formidable !!!

Save 10% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment